“EPIX Katy Perry Ticket Giveaway”
Sponsored by Studio 3 Partners LLC
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. AN INTERNET CONNECTION AND A TWITTER ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.
2. Entry Period: The entry period for the “EPIX Katy Perry Ticket Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 16, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on March 17, 2015 (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received be 11:59:59 PM ET on March 17, 2015. The odds of winning depend on the total number of Eligible Entries (hereinafter defined) received for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: Entry requires a public Twitter account. During the Entry Period, (a) go to http://www.twitter.com/EpixHD, (b) follow the EpixHD account, (c) if applicable, select “Enter Now” to expand the official EPIX Sweepstakes tweet, and (d) select “Enter Now” to submit your automatically generated contact details to EPIX.
Note: If you are viewing the official EPIX Sweepstakes tweet in your Twitter feed, you may need to select “Enter Now” twice to complete your entry. By submitting an entry in this Sweepstakes, Twitter will share with Sponsor your name, Twitter handle and the email address associated with your Twitter account. Sponsor will only use your email address for the purposes of winner notification and verification, as further set forth in Section 5 below.
Entries must be submitted during the Entry Period from your own Twitter account. Your Twitter account must be public. You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Twitter is free (as of the date of publication of these Official Rules) and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging onto http://www.twitter.com and following the onscreen instructions to open an account.
By submitting an Entry to this Sweepstakes via Twitter, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE TERMS OF SERVICE OF TWITTER (https://twitter.com/tos). You are required to follow @EpixHD on Twitter so you can see updates and announcements relating to the Sweepstakes, including the announcement to see if you’ve won (pending verification) in addition to the notification described in Section 5 below.
You must submit your entry in accordance with the instructions above during the Entry Period to count as one (1) “Entry”. Limit of one (1) Entry per person. Any sort of automated Entry sent via bot is strictly prohibited. Any entrant suspected or found to be submitting automated Entries of any kind will be disqualified. All Entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall hereinafter be referred to as “Eligible Entries”. Please note that if you do not timely respond to the winner’s notification described in Section 5, you will be disqualified and another winner may be selected.
In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Entry, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. All Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All Entries must comply with the Twitter terms of service and the Twitter rules available at the Twitter website. Creating multiple Twitter accounts in order to exceed the limit on Entries permitted by these Official Rules may result in the disqualification of such entries from such accounts.
Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode”, your updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s @EpixHD inbox and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Sponsor to see your Twitter updates.
If you opt to submit an Entry via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Sweepstakes), standard data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree that you are solely responsible for all data charges that you may incur. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Sweepstakes. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to the Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a potential Winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Check your mobile device’s capabilities for specific instructions.
5. Winner Selection/Notification:
There will be fifteen (15) winners (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”). The potential Winners will be selected at random within approximately twenty-four (24) hours of the conclusion of the Entry Period from among all Eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Sponsor will make one (1) attempt over the forty-eight (48) hour period following the potential Winners’ selection to contact each potential Winner via the email address provided in the Entry. In the event that a potential Winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of first being contacted, such potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. This process will be repeated until a potential Winner responds, as time permits, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential Winner from among the Eligible Entries received in the event that a potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
The final determination of the Winners shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Entry Period or to not select any or all Winners if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that there are an insufficient number of Eligible Entries. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor disclaims any liability from, and entrants, whether or not a Winner, agree to waive any claims against Sponsor relating to the selection or awarding process.
6. Winner Verification: Each potential Winner of a Prize must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner, such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received in Sponsor’s sole discretion. To be eligible for a Prize, each potential Winner (and if a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of the Released Parties from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of publicity rights, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use, misuse or acceptance of any Prize or any portion thereof; (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor the right to use their name (including, without limitation, any screen name or “handle” associated with an Entry), and likeness, signature, voice and biography for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Winner’s social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. Each Winner (and if a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) also must acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to a Prize and that each Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to a Prize and/or participation in any Prize-related activity. Each Winner (and if a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) also must complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to a Prize and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by Sponsor or the Winner may forfeit the Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Sponsor’s deadlines, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. All decisions of Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A POTENTIAL WINNER (AS DETERMINED IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH POTENTIAL WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED
7. Prizes (15): Fifteen (15) prizes will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. Each Winner shall receive one (1) pair of tickets (the “Tickets”) to the EPIX world premiere screening of Katy Perry: The Prismatic World Tour, currently scheduled for March 26, 2015 in Los Angeles, California (the “Event”). Limit of one (1) Prize per person.
Each Prize admits Winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”) to the Event. Winner must be eighteen (18) years of age of older and Guest must be thirteen (13) years of age or older. Winner and/or Guest may be asked to show ID to verify their ages. If a Winner is a Minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian and such person must be the Guest. If a Winner is a Minor, the Prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. If a Guest is a Minor, such Guest must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian who must be the Winner.
If for any reason the Event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, Sponsor reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes in its discretion. In the event that the Event is delayed, cancelled or postponed for any reason, and/or any Winner(s) and/or Guest(s) does not attend or participate in the Event for any reason, the Prize shall be forfeited and no substitution or additional compensation shall be provided. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of a Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
All entrants acknowledge and agree that the Tickets and attendance at the Event have no monetary value. Any difference between the approximate retail value of the Prize and actual value, if any, will not be awarded.
The attendance at the Event of any talent from the film, including, without limitation, Katy Perry, is not guaranteed and shall solely be subject to each such talent’s discretion and availability, and the Released Parties do not guarantee any type of meeting or photo opportunity with any talent from the film or any celebrity in attendance at the Event prior to, during or after the Event.
If a Prize is forfeited and there is sufficient time to determine, notify and verify an alternate Winner, such Prize may be awarded to an alternate Winner. A potential Winner is not a recipient of a Prize until he/she has been verified as a Winner by Sponsor. Any details related to the Prize not specified herein shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
The dates for fulfillment of the Prizes will be within one (1) week of the Winners’ selection and verification, subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Sponsor. All costs and expenses not specifically listed as part of the Prize, including, without limitation, any incidental costs incurred in connection with a Prize are solely each Winner’s responsibility.
Tickets are not transferable, refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time. The Tickets may not be sold and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Winners may be directed to pick up their Tickets at the venue’s “will call” window, and in such event, each Winner must bring a photo ID to the “will call” window and the name on the photo ID must match the name provided to EPIX during winner verification or the Prize will be forfeited and all privileges as a Winner will be immediately terminated.
Each Winner must provide his/her own transportation to the Event. Travel and other expenses, including, without limitation, transportation to/from the Event, hotels, meals, beverages, and any incidental costs incurred in connection with acceptance and use of the Prize are solely each Winner’s responsibility.
Each Winner and Guest hereby grant the Released Parties and any participating sponsor(s) and all of their respective agents and subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies permission to photograph and tape him/her (individually or with others) and record his/her voice and conversations including, without limitation, quotes, paraphrases, sounds, and any performance of musical composition(s) during and in connection with the Sweepstakes, the Prize, and/or any Prize-related activity, including, without limitation, the Event (such photographs, tapes and recordings, collectively, the “Recordings”) and to use, reproduce, exhibit, and/or display the Recordings and/or his/her name, likeness, voice, biography (individually or with others), in whole or in part, for the purpose of advertising and promoting Sponsor, Viacom Media Networks, and/or any other website or programming services of Sponsor and/or Viacom Media Networks, any participating sponsor(s), the Sweepstakes, or for any other lawful purpose whatsoever without additional compensation, including, without limitation, any taping(s) in connection with the Sweepstakes, the Prize and/or the Event, and any and all ancillary uses thereof, in all media in perpetuity throughout the universe.
The value of the Prize may be taxable to each Winner as income. Each Winner must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of each Winner (or if a Minor, in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian) for the actual value of the Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, each Winner (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on the Winners at its sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely each Winner’s responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner if he/she is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize a Prize as described herein.
8. General Terms:
Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY ANY WINNER AND/OR GUEST THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER, GUEST, KATY PERRY OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE OR OTHERWISE SHED A NEGATIVE LIGHT ONTO SPONSOR AND/OR KATY PERRY (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED AND WINNER AND/OR GUEST MAY BE ASKED TO LEAVE ANY LOCATIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE EVENT.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in the Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, misdirected, postage-due, or otherwise undeliverable or undelivered entries, mail, notices, release forms, declarations or other correspondence or communication. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes and the Winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in Sponsor’s on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes or for any reason that Sponsor deems necessary, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Prizes may be awarded to Winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and/or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. Use of any device to automate a tweet is prohibited, including, but not limited to, software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it suspects or finds: (a) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated method of entry; (b) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (d) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (e) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Each entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims, suits, demands, causes of action, liability, loss or damage resulting or arising from (a) the Sweepstakes or any component thereof or any Sweepstakes-related activity, including entry or participation therein, (b) acceptance, possession, delivery, receipt, use or misuse or redemption of a Prize, including participation in any Prize-related activity, (c) the violation of any privacy, personal, publicity or proprietary right, and/or (d) the breach of any of entrant’s obligations or agreements under these Official Rules. Each entrant further agrees to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Released Parties, and hereby acknowledge that said Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE REMOVAL OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS), OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF ANY MATERIALS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE REMOVAL OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
9. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by May 17, 2015 to: “EPIX Katy Perry Ticket Giveaway”, EPIX, 1540 Broadway, 31st Floor, New York, New York 10036. Please note on the front left hand corner of the outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the names of the “Winners”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
10. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Studio 3 Partners LLC, 1540 Broadway, New York, New York, 10036. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Twitter. Inquiries should be directed to Studio 3 Partners LLC, not to Twitter.