Zombie-thon World War Z Survival Kit Giveaway
Sponsored by Studio 3 Partners LLC
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. A TWITTER ACCOUNT IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
2. Entry Period: The entry period for the “Zombie-thon World War Z Survival Kit Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 9:00:00 AM (ET) on March 10, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on March 15, 2014 (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM (ET) on March 15, 2014. The odds of winning depend on the total number of Eligible Entries (hereinafter defined) received for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: Entry requires a public Twitter account. During the Entry Period, (a) go to twitter.com/EpixHD, (b) follow the @EpixHD account, and (c) from your Twitter account, exactly retweet all seven (7) of the EPIX Sweepstakes tweets, which will be identified with the hashtag #TheZombieWar. All retweets must include the hashtag #TheZombieWar and the link to these Official Rules (http://epx.ms/KP9nyf).
Entries must be submitted during the Entry Period from your own Twitter account. Your Twitter account must be public. You will need to create a Twitter account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Twitter is free (as of the date of publication of these Official Rules) and registration for Twitter can be obtained by logging onto http://www.twitter.com and following the onscreen instructions to open an account.
By submitting an Entry to this Sweepstakes via Twitter along with the hashtag #TheZombieWar, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE TERMS OF SERVICES OF TWITTER (https://twitter.com/tos). You are required to follow @EpixHD on Twitter so you can see updates and announcements relating to the Sweepstakes, including the announcement to see if you’ve won (pending verification) in addition to the notification described in Section 5 below. Please note that if you do not timely respond to the winner’s notification described in Section 5, you will be disqualified and another winner may be selected.
You must submit your entry in accordance with the instructions above during the Entry Period to count as one (1) “Entry”. For the avoidance of doubt, re-tweeting all seven (7) tweets in accordance with the instructions above counts as one (1) Entry. Limit of one (1) entry per person. Any sort of automated Entry sent via bot is strictly prohibited. Any entrant suspected or found to be submitting automated Entries of any kind will be disqualified. All Entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall hereinafter be referred to as “Eligible Entries”.
In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Entry, the authorized subscriber of the Twitter account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must comply with the Twitter terms of service and Twitter rules available at the Twitter website. Creating multiple Twitter accounts in order to exceed the limit on Entries permitted by these Official Rules may result in the disqualification of such entries from such accounts.
Important note: If your Twitter account is set to “protected mode”, your updates/responses may not be visible in Sponsor’s @EpixHD inbox and may not thus be received by Sponsor unless you previously consented to permit Sponsor to see your Twitter updates.
By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree that you are solely responsible for all data charges that you may incur. All such charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Please contact your participating mobile service provider for pricing plans, participation status and details. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your mobile device’s capabilities for specific instructions.
5. Winner Selection/Notification: There will be five (5) winners (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”). The Winners will be selected at random within approximately forty-eight (48) hours of the conclusion of the Entry Period from among all Eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts over the forty-eight (48) hour period following the potential Winners’ selection to contact each potential Winner via tweets from http://www.twitter.com/epixhd, comments and/or direct messaging to the Winners’ Twitter account. You are required to follow @EpixHD on Twitter so you can see the Winners’ announcement to see if you’ve won (pending verification). In the event that a potential Winner does not respond within forty-eight (48) hours of being contacted, such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate Winner will be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until a potential Winner responds, as time permits, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential Winner from among the Eligible Entries received in the event that a potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
The final determination of the Winners shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Entry Period or to not select any Winners if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that there are an insufficient number of Eligible Entries. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor disclaims any liability from, and entrants, whether or not a Winner, agree to waive any claims against Sponsor relating to the selection or awarding process. Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that an originally selected Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
6. Winner Verification: Each potential Winner of a Prize must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within three (3) days of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner shall be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner shall be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each potential Winner (and if a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) must sign within three (3) days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of the Released Parties from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use, misuse or acceptance of any Prize or any portion thereof to be eligible for a Prize; (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor the right to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Winner’s social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. Each Winner (and if a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) also must acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to a Prize and that each Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to a Prize. Each Winner (and if a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to a Prize and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by Sponsor or the Winner may forfeit the Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Sponsor’s deadlines, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. All decisions of Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A POTENTIAL WINNER (AS DETERMINED IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH POTENTIAL WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS THE WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Prizes (5): Each Winner will receive: (a) one (1) World War Z zombie survival kit backpack, (b) one (1) Subway Sam stuffed animal, and (c) one (1) World War Z t-shirt (each, a “Prize” and collectively, the “Prizes”).
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is Seventy Five Dollars ($75.00). The total ARV for all prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is Three Hundred Seventy Five Dollars ($375.00).
Any difference between the ARV and actual value, if any, will not be awarded. The dates for fulfillment of the Prizes will be within one (1) month of the Winners’ selection and verification, subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prizes will be made by Sponsor. All costs and expenses not specifically listed as part of the prize, including, without limitation, any incidental costs incurred in connection with the Prize are solely each Winner’s responsibility.
The value of the Prizes may be taxable to each Winner as income. Each Winner must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of each Winner (or if a Minor, in the name of his/her parent/guardian) for the actual value of the Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, each Winner (as well as all other entrants) are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on the Winners at its sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely each Winner’s responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner if he/she is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize a Prize as described herein.
No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prizes or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
8. General Terms:
Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY ANY WINNER THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes and the Winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in Sponsor’s on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Prizes may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and/or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. Use of any device to automate a tweet is prohibited, including, but not limited to, software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated tweets. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it suspects or finds: (a) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entry; (b) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (d) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (e) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Released Parties, and hereby acknowledge that said Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with the Prizes.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO ANY MATERIALS), OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO ANY MATERIALS, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SWEEPSTAKES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
9. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by May 15, 2014 to: “Zombie-thon World War Z Survival Kit Giveaway”, EPIX, 1515 Broadway, 46th Floor, New York, NY 10036. Please note on the front left-hand corner of the outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the names of the “Winners”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
10. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Studio 3 Partners LLC, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Twitter. Inquiries should be directed to Studio 3 Partners LLC, not to Twitter.