Dennis Miller Ticket Giveaway
Sponsored by Studio 3 Partners LLC
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE ELIGIBILITY AREA (DEFINED HEREIN) AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. A FACEBOOK ACCOUNT IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY. NO TRAVEL OR OTHER EXPENSES WILL BE PROVIDED AS PART OF THE PRIZES.
2. Entry Period: The entry period for the “Dennis Miller Ticket Giveaway” (the “Sweepstakes”) commences at 1:00:00 PM (ET) on March 26, 2014 and ends at 11:59:59 AM (ET) on March 27, 2014 (the “Entry Period”). All entries must be received by 11:59:59 AM (ET) on March 27, 2014. The odds of winning depend on the total number of Eligible Entries (hereinafter defined) received for the Sweepstakes.
4. How to Enter: Entry requires a Facebook account. To enter, (a) visit http://facebook.com/EPIX (the “Website”), (b) “Like” the page; and (iii) comment on the Sweepstakes’ post located at the top of the Website and explain why you want to attend the Dennis Miller live comedy show on April 4, 2014 in Irvine, California (the “Comment”). The Comment may not include any pictures or video.
Entries must be submitted during the Entry Period from your own Facebook account. You will need to create a Facebook account if you don’t already have one. Membership on Facebook is free (as of the date of publication of these Official Rules) and registration can be obtained by logging onto http://www.facebook.com and following the onscreen instructions to create a new account. By submitting an Entry to this Sweepstakes via Facebook, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE TERMS OF SERVICES OF FACEBOOK (http://facebook.com/terms.php?ref=pf).
You must submit your entry in accordance with the instructions above during the Entry Period to count as one (1) “Entry”. Limit of one (1) entry per person. Any sort of automated Entry sent via bot is strictly prohibited. Any entrant suspected or found to be submitting automated Entries of any kind will be disqualified. All Entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall hereinafter be referred to as “Eligible Entries”).
In the event of a dispute over who submitted a winning Entry, the authorized subscriber of the Facebook account used to participate in the Sweepstakes at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The authorized account subscriber is defined as the natural person who is assigned a Facebook account by Facebook. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. All entries must comply with the Facebook terms of service and Facebook rules available at the Facebook website. Creating multiple Facebook accounts in order to exceed the limit on Entries permitted by these Official Rules may result in the disqualification of such entries from such accounts.
By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree that you are solely responsible for all data charges that you may incur. All such charges are billed by and payable to your mobile service provider. Please contact your participating mobile service provider for pricing plans, participation status and details. Participation in this Sweepstakes by mobile device means that you understand that you may receive additional messages by mobile device relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are a winner, which may be subject to charges pursuant to your carrier’s rate plan. Text messaging may not be available from all mobile phone service carriers and handset models. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your mobile device’s capabilities for specific instructions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY AND ALL SUBMISSIONS AND METADATA SUBMITTED FOR THIS SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE PUBLICLY VIEWABLE. IN ADDITION, ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEIR ENTRIES MAY BE RETWEETED OR REPOSTED BY THE PUBLIC OR OPEN TO PUBLIC COMMENTARY, FOR WHICH THE RELEASED PARTIES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE.
Except for any material provided to an entrant by Sponsor in connection with an entrant’s entry, each entry must constitute a completely original work by the entrant [e.g., the Comment must not have been previously released commercially; taken or composed, in whole or in part, from any other source other than the entrant; commissioned, developed or produced for any commercial enterprise; and must not contain images, music, language, lyrics, characters, graphics, underlying source code or other elements which have been created, developed, copyrighted, trademarked and/or patented or which are owned or subject to proprietary or licensing rights of or by an entity other than entrant(s) personally and in their individual capacity(ies)]. If the entry contains any material or elements that are not owned by the entrant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, the entrant is responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the entry, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exhibition of the entry by Sponsor in the manner set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from any entrant at any time. By submitting an entry, entrant warrants and represents that he/she consents to the submission and use of the entry in the Sweepstakes, and to its posting on the Website and/or any other site as determined by Sponsor and/or its agent.
Entrant agrees: (a) that he/she has all rights to the contents of the entry and all components thereof, and that entrant has obtained all rights, consents and permissions necessary to grant the rights granted herein; (b) that the entry does not and will not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation; (c) that the entry is free and clear of any liens or claims with respect to the use of the entry in the manner authorized herein and will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity claims, or infringe on any rights or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for any payment whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims for re-use fees or residuals; and (d) that the entry is not and will not be defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene.
Except where prohibited by law, submission of an entry grants Sponsor the right in perpetuity to reproduce, publish, display, use, edit, adjust, modify, abridge, condense, and excerpt such entry in any way, in any and all media, and to sublicense such rights, without limitation and without compensation to entrants.
Entrants agree that Entries shall not contain, include or involve any of the following:
• Gratuitous obscenity
• Crude, vulgar or offensive pictures, depictions, images, language and/or symbols
• Gang signs or symbols
• Excessive, extreme or gratuitous violence
• Glamorization of illegal drug or alcohol use
• Commercial products (e.g., clothing, toys, food) and/or their trademarks, brands, logos or endorsements
• Unauthorized trademarks and copyrighted materials
• Disparagement of EPIX
• Disparagement of Dennis Miller
• License plates, phone numbers, personal addresses - physical or email or otherwise
• Website or web page links
• Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups, humiliation of other people (publicly or otherwise), any assault or threatening of others
• Trespassing or the violation of other people’s rights or property
• Illegal (e.g., discriminatory, harassing) or inappropriate activity, behavior or conduct (e.g., inflicting emotional distress)
• Conduct or activities in violation of these Official Rules
• Any other content, display, materials and/or images that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion
• Any person other than entrant who is or may be recognizable in any way
Language and themes contained in Entries will be evaluated by Sponsor based on content and social acceptability.
Sponsor is not obligated to use, publish, display or broadcast any submitted Entries (in whole or in part). Each entrant acknowledges that Sponsor will rely on such entrant’s agreement and compliance with these Official Rules when entrant submits or attempts to submit the Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to reject any Entries that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of its standards or practices policies or the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor may modify or edit any material related to an Entry or request entrants to do so, so that such materials meet such guidelines.
By submitting an Entry into this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to, confirms and represents to Sponsor that neither he/she nor anyone else has engaged or taken part in (or induced or encouraged anyone else to engage or take part in) any activity or conduct in connection with this Sweepstakes that: (a) may or is likely to harm or create a risk of harm, physical or mental injury, emotional distress, death, disability, disfigurement, or physical or mental illness to any person, other living thing or property; (b) may or is likely to create a risk of any other loss or damage to any person, other living things or property; (c) may or is likely to constitute a crime, unlawful or non-consensual activities (e.g., conduct that could lead to criminal prosecution), tortuous conduct (e.g., conduct that could lead to civil prosecution) or the violation or infringement of the rights of any other party; or (d) violates any of the terms or conditions of these Official Rules.
5. Winner Selection/Notification:
There will be five (5) winners (each, a “Winner” and collectively, the “Winners”). The Winners will be selected at random within approximately twenty-four (24) hours of the conclusion of the Entry Period from among all Eligible Entries received during the Entry Period. Sponsor will make up to two (2) attempts over the forty-eight (48) hour period following the potential Winners’ selection to contact the potential Winners by commenting on each potential Winner’s Comment on the Website. You are required to check the Website so you can see the Winners’ announcement to see if you’ve won (pending verification). In the event that a potential Winner does not respond within twenty-four (24) hours of being contacted, such potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate Winner may be selected from among the remaining applicable Eligible Entries received. This process will be repeated until a potential Winner responds, as time permits, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate potential Winner from among the Eligible Entries received in the event that a potential Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
The final determination of the Winners shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Entry Period or to not select any or all Winners if Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that there are an insufficient number of Eligible Entries. To the extent permitted by law, Sponsor disclaims any liability from, and entrants, whether or not a Winner, agree to waive any claims against Sponsor relating to the selection or awarding process. Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate Winner in the event that an originally selected Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules.
6. Winner Verification: Each potential Winner of the Prize must prove eligibility, including, without limitation, proof of age and residence within one (1) day of being notified as a potential Winner. In the event of non-compliance by a potential Winner such potential Winner may be disqualified and all privileges otherwise due as a Winner may be terminated and an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all of the remaining Eligible Entries received in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each potential Winner (and if a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) must sign within one (1) day of receipt of such documents from Sponsor: (a) an affidavit of eligibility and release of the Released Parties from any and all liability, loss, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, loss, or any other harm suffered in connection with this Sweepstakes or the use, misuse or acceptance of any Prize or any portion thereof to be eligible for a Prize; (b) except where prohibited by law, a promotional release granting Sponsor the right to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and (c) any other documentation required by Sponsor, including a W2 form and Winner’s social security number for tax purposes (collectively, the “Releases”). Entry into this Sweepstakes constitutes agreement to sign such Releases. Each Winner (and if a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) also must acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide insurance of any kind relating to a Prize and that each Winner will be responsible for obtaining and paying for any life, travel, accident, property or other form of insurance relating to a Prize. Each Winner (and if a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian) must also complete any additional legal documents provided by Sponsor (or third party on its behalf, if applicable) with respect to a Prize and return them as instructed within the timeframe specified by Sponsor or the Winner may forfeit the Prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to return all such documents and comply with Sponsor’s deadlines, noncompliance with these Official Rules or the return of any prize or prize notification will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate Winner. All decisions of Sponsor relating to the Sweepstakes are final. Sponsor expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of Winners for creative or technical reasons or for any other reason Sponsor deems necessary.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY A POTENTIAL WINNER (AS DETERMINED IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH POTENTIAL WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Prizes (5): Each Winner will receive two (2) tickets for Winner and one (1) guest to attend the Dennis Miller live comedy show on Friday, April 4, 2014 at the Irvine Barclay Theatre in Irvine, California at 7:00pm PT (the “Venue”) (each, a “Prize”).
If Winner is a Minor, the Prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. Any details related to the Prize not specified herein shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Prize is Ninety Two Dollars ($92.00). The total ARV for all prizes to be awarded in this Sweepstakes is Four Hundred Sixty Dollars ($460.00).
Any difference between the ARV and actual value, if any, will not be awarded. If for any reason any Prize related event is delayed, cancelled or postponed, Sponsor reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes in its discretion and shall award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. No substitution, transfer or cash equivalent of the Prize or any portion thereof is permitted, except by Sponsor, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value may be awarded.
A potential Winner is not a recipient of the Prize until he/she has been verified as the Winner by the Sponsor. The dates for fulfillment of the Prizes will be within one (1) week of the Winners’ selection and verification, subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Arrangements for fulfillment of the Prize will be made by Sponsor. All costs and expenses not specifically listed as part of the prize, including, without limitation, any incidental costs and/or transportation costs incurred in connection with the Prize are solely each Winner’s responsibility.
Tickets must be picked up at the Venue’s “will call” window. Each Winner must bring a photo ID to the “will call” window and the name on the photo ID must match the name provided to Sponsor during winner verification or the Prize will be forfeited and all privileges as a Winner will be immediately terminated.
The value of the Prizes may be taxable to each Winner as income. Each Winner must supply Sponsor with his/her social security number for tax purposes. An IRS Form 1099 may be issued in the name of each Winner (or if a Minor, in the name of his/her parent/guardian) for the actual value of the Prize received. Upon entry into the Sweepstakes, each Winner (as well as all other entrants) is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on the Winners at its sole discretion. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely each Winner’s responsibility. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to a Winner if he/she is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize a Prize as described herein.
8. General Terms:
Winners must provide their own transportation to the Venue. Travel and other expenses, including, without limitation, transportation to/from the Venue, hotels, meals, beverages and any incidental costs incurred in connection with acceptance and use of the Prizes are solely each Winner’s responsibility. Noncompliance with any of these Official Rules may result in disqualification. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER OR GUEST OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY ANY WINNER OR GUEST THAT WILL BRING SUCH WINNER, GUEST, OR SPONSOR INTO DISREPUTE (IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS A WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Sweepstakes or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Prizes and the Winners. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, changes in Sponsor’s on-air programming, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, the Prizes may be awarded to winners to be selected from among all Eligible Entries received up until and/or after (if applicable) the time of modification, cancellation or termination or in a manner that is fair and equitable as determined by Sponsor. All interpretations of these Official Rules and decisions by Sponsor are final. Use of any device to automate an entry is prohibited, including, but not limited to, software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated entries. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it suspects or finds: (a) to have used a software-generated, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated online or text message entry; (b) to have tampered with the entry process or the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (d) to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (e) to have provided inaccurate information on any legal documents submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. THE NEW YORK COURTS (STATE AND FEDERAL) SHALL HAVE SOLE JURISDICTION OF ANY CONTROVERSIES REGARDING THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK SHALL GOVERN THE SWEEPSTAKES. EACH ENTRANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS TO JURISDICTION AND VENUE IN THESE COURTS AND HEREBY SUBMITS TO THE JURISDICTION OF THOSE COURTS. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all liability resulting or arising from the Sweepstakes, to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against the Released Parties, and hereby acknowledge that said Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prizes, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that are sent along with a Prize.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE REMOVAL FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS), OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE, THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE, THE REMOVAL FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS, OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PRIZES, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
9. Request for Names of Winners and Official Rules: For the names of the Winners and/or Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by May 27, 2014 to: “Dennis Miller Ticket Giveaway”, EPIX, 1515 Broadway, 46th Floor, New York, NY 10036. Please note on the front left-hand corner of the outer envelope whether you are requesting “Official Rules” or the names of the “Winners”. Vermont residents may omit return postage if requesting a set of Official Rules.
10. Sponsor: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Studio 3 Partners LLC, 1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or associated with Facebook. Inquiries should be directed to Studio 3 Partners LLC, not to Facebook.