- How we use your Personal Information
- The circumstances under which we disclose Personal Information to third parties
- How you can access, update or delete any Personal Information collected about you by us
- and The mechanisms we have implemented to protect your Personal Information.
We are committed to protecting users' privacy. Keeping the Personal Information you share with us on the Site secure and ensuring your understanding of how we collect, use, disclose and maintain your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Personal Information and while no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure from intrusion, we have used and will continue to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your Personal Information.
If you are a California resident and request information about how to exercise your third party disclosure choices you must send a request to the following address with a preference on how our response to your request should be sent (email or postal mail).
Full Address of Designated Agent to Which Notification Should be Sent to:
Studio 3 Partners LLC
Attn: Your California Privacy Rights
New York, NY 10036
Email Address of Designated Agent:
All requests sent via regular mail must be labeled "Your California Privacy Rights" on the envelope or post card and clearly stated on the actual request. For all requests, please include your name, street address, city, state, and zip code (your street address is optional if you wish to receive a response to your request via email. Please include your zip code for our own recordkeeping). We will not accept requests via the telephone or by facsimile. We are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or do not have complete information.
- Collection of Personal Information During Registration or In Connection with Certain Features and Functions. During registration (and possibly at certain other times to enable your use of other features or functions or for security purposes), you may be required to provide us with certain information about you in order for us to personalize and allow you to use the features and functions that we may offer on the Site, such as chat rooms, message boards, electronic mail services, messaging services, auctions, shopping, registration and member profile pages.
- Collection of Personal Information in Connection with Promotions such as Contests and Sweepstakes. To the extent we offer user registration on the Site, registration as a member of the Site is not always required to enter Promotions such as contests and sweepstakes. There may be a separate registration process which will require the submission of all or some of the following: your first and last name, street address, city, state and zip code, email address, telephone number and date of birth. Additional Personal Information may be requested depending on the specific Promotion, but submission of such information may be optional. The Promotion's entry page and/or Rules will provide the specific requirements. You may also have the opportunity to opt-in to special Promotions or offers in connection with many of these types of Promotions.
We caution that most wireless transmissions are not secured and there is a greater risk of an unknown third party's interception of messages or a user's Personal Information when using a wireless communications device.
Users that register for Epix's wireless marketing services acknowledge, understand and agree that they will be charged by the user's wireless carrier for all messages sent to the user from Epix. Standard messaging rates will apply, unless noted otherwise. Under no circumstances will the Site, Epix, S3P, or Affiliates be responsible for any wireless email or text messaging charges incurred by a user or by a person that has access to a user's wireless device, telephone number, or email address.
- Termination of Wireless Services by User. Regardless of which one of the above opt-in methods was used to register, users may revoke their consent to receive messages from Epix by the following procedure: A user may cancel one or more services via his or her wireless device at any time by using the unsubscribe mechanism provided by Epix at the time the message is sent, or by sending a text message that says "STOP", "END", "CANCEL", "REMOVE", "UNSUBSCRIBE" or "QUIT". Epix will terminate the user's registration for the most recent wireless service sent to the user. Any of these words followed by the word "ALL" in the user's termination request will cancel all of the user's registered wireless services with Epix. If the user unsubscribes from one or all of Epix service(s) via his or her wireless device, the service(s) will be terminated immediately and will cancel the user's previous opt-in.
- Termination of Wireless Services by Epix. A user understands, acknowledges and agrees that Epix may, in its sole discretion and without liability to any user, terminate its offer of any specific wireless marketing service or all wireless marketing services at any time without advance notice. Epix may provide notice of terminations or changes in services on this Site.
- Use of Information. Epix will not use a wireless telephone number, wireless or conventional Internet email address, or other Personal Information submitted for its wireless marketing services for any other purpose but to provide the service requested, unless we provide advance notice of any other use. We will not share such Personal Information with Advertisers or other third party marketers unless you opt-in to such disclosure. We will share such Personal Information with the operational service providers that assist us in delivering these wireless services to you and with S3P and Affiliates.
3. Accuracy and ConfidentialityIt is your responsibility to give us current, complete, truthful and accurate information, including Personal Information, and to keep such information up to date. We cannot and will not be responsible for any problems or liability that may arise if you do not give us accurate, truthful or complete information or Personal Information or you fail to update such information or Personal Information.
You are solely responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your User ID, if applicable, and for any charges, costs, expenses, damages, liabilities and losses we incur or may suffer as a result of your failure to do so. You, and not us, are solely responsible and liable for your activity, behavior, use and conduct on the Site and for any use of the Site or any other activity or conduct in connection with the Site by any others who use your User ID, unless and until you notify us that your User ID may have been compromised, misappropriated or improperly taken or used by another party.
Bear in mind that when you submit information to us, it does not guarantee that we will permit you to use any or all of the features or functions of the Site.
4. Cookies and Other TechnologiesWe use 'cookies' and other similar tracking technologies, such as web beacons (also known as image tags, GIF or web bugs) to collect non-personal "click stream" data regarding your visits to the Site, such as your visits to the Site's webpages, use of our features, and purchasing history or preferences. We may also collect your IP address or some other identifier unique to the Device you use to access the Site ("Identifier"). Your Identifier is automatically assigned to the Device you use to access the Site. Your Personal Information (such as name, email address and credit card account information) is not collected as part of this process.
Determining which features, webpages, products and services users like best; and Saving your User ID or other information, such as shopping cart activity, so you don't have to re-enter it each time you visit the Site.
Although we may track the numbers of users to inform us on how best to update the Site and enhance the experience for all users, Personal Information is not extracted in this process. We use tracking information on an aggregated basis to help us operate the Site, enhance and improve our services, improve the look of the Site and display advertising and marketing information. You can choose to have the Device you use to access the Site warn you each time a cookie or image tag is being sent, or you can choose to turn off such warnings. This is done through your browser on the Device you use to access the Site. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features of the Site that make your Internet experience more efficient and enjoyable – like the features mentioned above – and some of our other services will not function properly.
- Co-Branded Services and Features. The Site may also offer co-branded services and features, such as events and Promotions that we put together with another company or our Affiliates ("Co-Branded Partner"). Such services and features may be hosted on the Site and/or our Co-Branded Partner's website. We may share your Personal Information with our Co-Branded Partner and your voluntary use of or participation in a co-branded service or feature means that you opt-in and give your affirmative consent to both the Site and our Co-Branded Partner to collect and use your Personal Information provided during the registration process and/or in connection with the specific co-branded feature or service for the fulfillment of the feature or service and for marketing or administrative purposes. If you wish to opt-out of a Co-Branded Partner's future use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes, you will need to contact the Co-Branded Partner directly. The Co-Branded Partner will be identified on the co-branded feature or service. Registered or other users that participate in certain services relating to Postings agree to have certain Personal Information posted on the Site or Platforms or, if such feature is offered in connection with a Co-Branded Partner, on our Co-Branded partner's website in connection with the display of the uploaded video and posted on any platform that the uploaded video may be posted. Registered or other users that upload videos may also be required to submit additional Personal Information.
- Operational Service Providers. We also have the right to disclose your Personal Information to third parties for the purpose of administering and maintaining the Site's services, features, functions and operations. We will refer to these third parties as "operational service providers". We use operational service providers to efficiently provide the full range of content, activities, services, features and functions we bring you and we request that our operational service providers also protect your privacy and not disclose your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information to third party marketers that are not associated with the Site or the Epix Channel. Additionally, such operational service providers are not permitted to use your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information for their own marketing or promotional purposes.
7. Security & Protection of Personal InformationWe maintain reasonable standards of security and confidentiality. However, regardless of the Device you use to access the Site, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We conduct financial transactions via secured transmissions but may not always secure other parts of the Site. We also limit access to the Site by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes. We request that our operational service providers follow the same policy.
8. PhishingPhishing attacks attempt to steal consumers' personal identity data and financial account credentials. "Phishers" use ‘spoofed' e-mails to lead consumers to counterfeit websites designed to trick recipients into divulging Personal Information such as credit card numbers, account usernames, passwords, and social security numbers. WE DO NOT SEND EMAILS ASKING YOU TO PROVIDE OR CONFIRM SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION OR YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD! If you receive such email communication, please forward it immediately to the Site's Privacy Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org, and then immediately delete the fraudulent email from your computer.
9. Review, Update or Delete Your Personal InformationGenerally, you may review, update or delete your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information collected by the Site. You may also correct factual inaccuracies. However, Personal Information that is necessary to check eligibility, such as date of birth or age, cannot be deleted, but may be modified with sufficient verification of the correct information. Deletion or attempted deletion of certain Personal Information, such as your user name, may not be permitted and/or may result in suspension of your account or termination of any registration you may have made. To review, update or delete your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information collected by the Site, please click "MY ACCOUNT" on the homepage to sign in to your Site account with your User ID. Then, click on "YOUR ACCOUNT INFO" to change, update, or delete your Personal Information.
If you wish to review Personal Information collected for Promotions such as contests and sweepstakes, you will need to contact the Site's Privacy Administrator via email with a request at email@example.com and be prepared to provide verification of your identity. Personal Information collected for certain entries are subject to corporate and regulatory recordkeeping requirements and will not be deleted upon the user's request, unless the entrant is a child under the age of 17 years old.
We reserve the right to deny access, use and registration privileges to any user, including without limitation, a registered user, of any services, features or functions of the Site if we believe there is a question about the identity of the person trying to access the user's account or any services, features or functions. And if the burden or expense of providing access to your Personal Information is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy, or if the legitimate rights of others would be violated, we may decide not to provide access to such information. In such cases, we will provide to you an explanation of why access cannot be provided and contact information for further inquiries.
Copyright © 2009 Studio 3 Partners LLC - All Rights Reserved.